Sunday, January 31, 2010

Obsolete (times two)



I was at work this afternoon and flipped over to Explorer only to catch a glimpse of Phaneuf as a breaking story at canoe.ca. My jaw dropped and I let out and audible gasp. I still can't believe the rumors came to fruition. Number 3 has taken a lot of heat from the fans and media lately...but I hadn't given up on him. Poor guy has to head to the Big Smoke? Maybe Elisha will like the move? I guess that's as close to the Canadian Hollywood as there is. I do hold her more than partially responsible for the notable decline in his play...

So, here's my now doubly obsolete jersey. Shortly after I bought it, this version of the third jersey was abandoned (I still like it much better than the current retina-scarring retro jersey). Now it's even more out of date because of the Phaneuf insignia. I think I'll refer to it as "vintage", though, rather than obsolete. Best of luck to you, Dion. I can't imagine today was easy.

Deets: f/1.4, 1/200, ISO800

1 comment:

  1. :( Man, I missed Phaneuf tonight already. I'll probably take my Phaneuf jersey out every once in a while (and maybe even Jokinen in a pinch), but it looks like Langkow and Iginla will get the most rotation now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails