Saturday, September 18, 2010

Impending Doom



deets: f/3.2, 1/100, 45mm, ISO1600

Today was a bit of an odd day, as we carried on as usual, knowing Igor was bearing down on us. I had a hair appointment this morning (moved up from this afternoon so they could shut shop at noon) and then I picked up some more masking tape for the windows (as you do!). Dave picked me up and we took the dogs to the "off leash park" for some pre-storm exercise and we hunkered down at home shortly after that.

I've been watching live coverage on The Weather Channel...but I should really stop because it's just making me more nervous! The winds are really just starting to pick up and it's still 24+ hours until the center of the storm hits us. Were as prepared as we're going to be....and now just playing a waiting game (feeling a bit housebound already!). I'm hoping for the best but am 99.9% sure we're going to lose power. I'm saying my prayers that it's not two weeks before the power comes back on, like it was after Fabian in 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails