Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pink Flowers - Part I



Since I am often lacking inspiration/subject matter, I'm planning to take photos of this bush using a few different lenses with their wide open aperture. First up is the 50mm f/1.4. I love the bokeh this lens allows but I find the focus point hard to get just right (which is a combo, I believe, of the large aperture and the small screen on my Rebel that doesn't really give me a good idea of how my shots are coming out). I wasn't particularly taken by any of the shots I took today...the flowers aren't as pink in the photos as they are in real life, which must be a function of my metering setting, but I do like the blur of the brick wall behind the shot. I also like that I was able to use ISO 200 with such a fast shutter speed at this time of day.

Deets: f/1.4, 1/1000, 50mm, ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails