Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ouch



You might look at this photo and ask, "What the heck is that?" Well, internets, that is my left knee. There was an incident yesterday morning. It involved the smooth, polished concrete floor of my office's parkade, a morning commute downpour, yours truly and her Vespa. As I attempted to execute a left turn in a puddle of water inside the parkade, the Vespa went into a skid. She and I did a bit of a skidding dance together (steer into the skid, right? she even spun me around in a 180!) but then she dipped me and the dance came to an abrupt halt as I met the pavement. Luckily (?) my left leg braced most of the fall and the Vespa sustained only a minor scrape on her front end. Unfortunately, that meant that I bear the scars of the dance. I've got some major bruises on my legs and today my whole body feels like I spent a few solid hours at the gym yesterday. Thankfully, nobody else was in the parkade at the time to witness this display...the embarrassment would have made it that much worse!

Deets: f/2.8, 1/100, 70mm, ISO1600

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, that looks painful. I'm glad you are okay!

    Are you going to put up pictures of your dance partners injury too?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails